This blog has been gathering dust for more than a couple of years now. Although my passion for food has not deteriorated I have been too lazy to update the blog with recipes. My passion for food has infact increased by manifolds after moving out of India and trying out global cuisine. I have been experimenting a lot with food, clicking pictures as always but they never made it to the blog. Some time back I uploaded the pictures of food in Facebook and received a lot of recipe requests. I thought why not update the blog and share the link?
The first recipe that I jotted down after ages was this Chicken Roast flavoured with loads of Curry Leaves. This recipe has been adapted from the Kerala style chicken fry I learnt from a friend who is an awesome cook himself.
Half kilo chicken – cut into small pieces preferably bone in
Oil – 2-3 tbsp for frying
- Red chillies – 5-6 ( add more if you like it hot)
- Ginger – 1″ piece
- Garlic – 5-6 cloves
- Onion – 1 small or 1/2 medium (optional)
- Curry leaves – 2 large handful
- Soak chicken in salt water overnight (in fridge)
- Next morning drain the water out, pat dry with kitchen towel and marinate in the ground masala. Leave the chicken marinated in fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Heat 2-3 tbsp oil, add a few curry leaves, marinated chicken. Cook till all the chicken is cooked and dry.
- You can completely skip the overnight soaking bit, and just marinate for half an hour in freezer if you are in a hurry. Still tastes great!
- Instead of curry leaves, you can make it with kasuri methi.
- If your chicken pieces are with skin and fat, add less oil initially as extra oil will ooze out while it’s cooking.